Staff and Governors
The Leadership Team is made up of the Headteacher, two Deputy Headteachers, four Assistant Headteachers and the Director of Finance.
Click here for the full Staff List.
Why do we have Governors?
The Government has stated that 'the governing body has general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement' (quote from the 2002 Education Act).
In summary, the three main roles of any governing body are:
- to take a largely strategic role in the running of the school.
- to act as a critical friend to the school.
- to ensure accountability of the governing body to parents and the Headteacher to the governing body.
This means that a governing body:
- acts as a friend/support/help to the school and particularly the Headteacher.
- acts as a representative for parents, staff and members of the community.
- takes a long term view of developments in school.
- challenges the Headteacher and school Leadership Team by asking questions.
QEHS Governing Body
Click here for details of Governors' Committee Membership 2020-2021.
The governing body at QEHS has a number of full Governors who are supported by Student Governors and the school's Leadership Team. A full breakdown is shown below:
|Composition of the Governing Body||Numbers|
|Local Authority Governor||1|
How to contact the Governors
If you would like to give Governors feedback about the strategic running of the school, please contact the Governors' Clerk on: Clerktogovernors@qehs.lincs.sch.uk.
Please note: Governors do not involve themselves in day-to-day issues as these are dealt with by the Headteacher and/or Leadership Team.