Always 'ear to help
School is a fantastic place to make friends, socialise, and (hopefully) learn! But things are not always the way we want them to be. Just around the corner may be a bully, or family problems lurking in the shadows. It is often hard to shine a light on the matter, especially with adults who seem too different to understand.
We are not that different, and we really do understand - because we are students who have faced such problems through school, and we are dedicated to support you, whatever the problem. As an established service within school, "of the students and for the students", Peer Listening is here for you. Whatever the worry, be it the blues or an unhappy home, our friendly, confidential service can help you get back on track.
BIO FROM PEER LISTENERS:
- "Hello. My name is E-star and I am currently at QEHS. I am a very creative and aspirational person with a myriad of goals. My favourite subjects include: Art, Chemistry and English. I am very: friendly, approachable and honest and I am here if you need any help!"
- "I have been studying at QEHS since Year 7, and am now in my final year of A Levels. I am hoping to go on to study psychology at university after my exams. When starting A Levels, I felt like I was under a lot of pressure, particularly with Maths, so I am able to empathise with those struggling from the big jump between workloads. My hobbies include reading, watching films, listening to my music (despite my questionable music taste) and especially photography." B-star
- "Hey! I’m N-star! I am a student at this school! Generally I am quite quiet, but occasionally have spurs of social moments! I tend to keep up with internet news and I keep up with the latest memes (whether I like them or not is a different can of worms). In terms of franchises/series that I really like, I really enjoy both Pokémon and Fire Emblem the most at the minute, however games such as Danganronpa and anime such as Tsurezure Children and Toradora are liked a lot by me too; (I love Slice of Life/romance anime a lot). That about wraps up basic information about me, feel free to drop an email (To N-star) on firstname.lastname@example.org or see me in person! (I’m presuming some sort of picture of me is somewhere near this so that you know who I am lol)."
- "My name is A-star, my interests include cooking, art and yoga. I take Psychology, Sociology and English for a A Level."
- “My name’s F-star. As the eldest of 3 siblings I’m used to playing the big brother role and making sure others are okay - by getting them involved in things and naturally looking after them. I also know, first hand, the problems people can face throughout QEHS. I’m a form prefect for Elgar House and have taken part in projects which include leading & planning PSHE lessons and assemblies. I think I’m a great role model and also help mentor students doing Design Technology. I’m trustworthy and responsible and have worked with students across KS3 on a 1:1 basis for a variety of reasons. At home, I spend time playing a key role within my grandparents' investment business.”
Our School Counsellor, Diane Hall is a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
For further support see: https://qehs.lincs.sch.uk/COVID19/wellbeing/from-the-wellbeing-team